Children Under 18
Our websites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to us through our websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our websites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 we will delete that information.
Information Covered by this Policy
This Policy applies to any personally identifiable information about you (“Personal Information”) that you may provide to BayviewResearch.com when:
- using any of our websites or sending us information by email;
- speaking with one of our representatives on the phone; or
- providing information in writing.
Information Collected and How We Use It
At various locations on our site, and during our business practice, we ask you for information, which will allow us to provide you (whether you are a patient or physician) with information that is targeted specifically to you. If you would like to be considered for enrollment in a clinical trial, this information allows us to contact you regarding particular studies for which you may be eligible. We collect information in the following ways:
- Initial User Registration. We collect information you provide to us when you register at one of our sites (e.g., name, date of birth, email address, address, phone number, and demographic information).
- Further Information. At various locations on our site, we may ask you for additional information so that we can provide you with additional services (e.g., notification about your appointments or new clinical trials).
- Enrollment Forms. Many of our users are interested in enrolling in clinical trials. To learn whether you satisfy the criteria for a particular trial, we request medical information via a questionnaire. If you meet the prequalification criteria for the trial, and grant BayviewResearch.com explicit permission to do so, your information will be forwarded to an investigator in your area for further evaluation; the investigator will be under strict constraints by laws governing the disclosure of Personal Information. You can also input your child’s date of birth and medical information to verify if your child satisfies the criteria for a particular trial.
- Data Aggregation. To enhance our ability to provide you with our services, we may combine your Personal Information with aggregated data about groups of people in similar circumstances. For example, we may infer that there is a 50% chance that you are divorced from the fact that your zip code has a 50% divorce rate.
- Newsletters. We and our partners (e.g., medical centers, healthcare companies, medical websites) may occasionally offer newsletters or other publications focused on specific medical conditions that you might want to receive. If you ask to receive a newsletter, we will use your contact information to deliver the material you request.
- Lifestyle-based Analytics. In some circumstances, we may contact you by mail regarding potential clinical studies where information you voluntarily provided suggests on the basis of analysis of various demographic and societal trends that you might benefit from such studies.
- Messaging Services. If you enroll in a clinical trial and expressly consent to receiving study information and messages, we will provide you with appointment reminders, study instructions, and other important study instructions. In addition, we may exchange relevant health information with the study doctor and staff in order to provide these services.
- Opt Out Requests. If you send us an email or use our website to opt out of receiving information or being contacted, we will retain and use some of your information to avoid further contact with you. We may also retain your information to the extent it has previously been incorporated in anonymized data and as necessary for us to meet legal requirements and defend claims against us.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. You may remove your information from our contact list by sending an email entitled “Unsubscribe” to email@example.com. Please note that we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or similar legal process served on our Web Site, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Information Sharing and Transfer
We will share your Personal Information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement or unless you expressly opt in to such sharing.
We may provide your information with third-party service providers (e.g., call centers, email service providers), or data partners who are contractually bound to handle your information confidentially and prohibited from disclosing your information to others.
When and How BayviewResearch.com May Contact You
When you register with BayviewResearch.com, or complete a prequalification questionnaire associated with a particular trial, you indicate your consent forBayviewResearch.com to store your Personal Information in our database and contact you about clinical trials for which you may be eligible by various means, including telephone, email, and US mail. You also have the option of receiving emails regarding new postings to our site, including news or new clinical trials. In addition, BayviewResearch.com may contact you periodically when we have provided new functionality to our website, so that you may take advantage of the new services. If you receive a text message from us and would like to discontinue such messages, you may reply with the word “STOP.” Providing a telephone number constitutes your consent for BayviewResearch.com to contact you at that number for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
Cookies / Tracking Technologies
We BayviewResearch.com and our affiliates, or analytics or service providers, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
A cookie is a data file that is placed by a website operator on the hard drive of a visitor’s computer to their site. First-party cookies (owned and controlled by BayviewResearch.com) are enabled to the computers of those visiting our websites for the following purposes: to improve the user experience by allowing the site to remember a visitor as they browse through different pages; to allow us to perform site analytics; to assess whether visitors to the site later become referrals to clinical trials.
First-party cookies are enabled and controlled by our web team, which is established on U.S. territory. Our websites also place cookies for the purpose of serving BayviewResearch.com-sponsored advertisements at third-party websites, and for the purpose of performing various cost analyses relating to the site.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some features or areas of our website may be limited.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve analytics and site functionality.
Social Media Widgets
We maintain information security safeguards to protect your Personal Information. We protect any Personal Information you provide using encryption, and utilize firewalls to protect our computer network from hackers. We take reasonable steps designed to prevent unauthorized access, use and alteration of Personal Information, but cannot guarantee the security of such information.
Data Protection Laws
In jurisdictions with data protection laws, we will ensure that individuals can exercise all relevant informational rights regarding their Personal Information we process, including the rights of access and correction, to prevent direct marketing, block processing, and erase data.
Links to Third Party Sites
Our website includes links to other websites (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter) whose privacy practices may differ from those of BayviewResearch.com. If you submit personal information to any of those websites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Sale or Transfer of Corporate Assets
BayviewResearch.com expressly reserves the right to transfer its database of information to another legal entity as part of any sale or merger of BayviewResearch.com, Inc. with that entity. Any entity acquiring BayviewResearch.com’s data assets will do so with the express, written commitment to use the data only for authorized purposes, and only if the entity maintains a similar level of privacy and information security protection. You will be notified via email or notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Inquiries, Complaints, and Requests to Exercise Rights
All communications, queries, requests to exercise informational rights (e.g. access to data) or complaints, should be addressed:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by regular mail at Bayview Research Group, BayviewResearch.com, Attn: Privacy Officer, 12626 Riverside Drive #404, Valley Village, CA 91607
Changes to the Policy
We regularly review our Policy to ensure that it provides an appropriate level of protection for your Personal Information. From time to time, we may make changes to our Policy to keep it current with industry standards and as required by law. We will post the date of the most recent revisions on this page. Please check back here from time to time to make sure that you are current and up-to-date on our Policy. Please keep in mind that your use of our Web site means that you accept our Privacy and Security Policy. For more information on this point, please read our Terms of Service of site use. If we make a material change to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the changes taking effect.
Updated: August 18, 2015